PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
Seeks Wine Director for Lincoln Ristorante
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 70 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
At Lincoln Ristorante, we offer Chef Shea Gallante’s interpretation of Italian cuisine in New York at Lincoln Center. Our philosophy is simple: to source the best local ingredients and prepare them with authentic Italian methods and spirit. We rely on local farmers and purveyors along with weekly visits to our neighborhood Tucker Square Greenmarket, while importing irreplaceable items from Italy. We honor the Italian culinary tradition of making our own fresh pastas, grissini, and focaccia. Desserts, by Richard Capizzi, are beautiful renditions of Italy’s classics: light, lush and irresistible. A focus and commitment to freshness and respect for every ingredient is paramount in our daily life.
While our location beside Lincoln Center’s reflecting pool and Henry Moore sculpture is exquisite, with panoramic views and a grass lawn roof, the heart of our restaurant is the central open kitchen. The stunning glass pavilion building that houses the restaurant was designed by Diller, Scofidio + Renfro. Our Negroni Bar and Prosecco Bar have rotating selections. Wine Director Aaron von Rock and his team offer 350 wines on the list, constantly evolving and focused on small producers.
Our role in the Lincoln Center community is to provide a gracious fine dining experience that reflects the best of both Italy and New York. Our mission would be impossible without our talented restaurant team of dedicated culinary and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a Wine Director to oversee all wine and liquor management for their venue’s concept bar and take on supervisory responsibilities. He/she will be responsible for driving our wine and beverage inventory by developing cost efficient menus while keeping current on all modern trends. The Wine Director will also enjoy being active on the floor, educating staff, and developing/pushing standards and has the drive and ability to bring our wine program to the next level. He/she must be highly knowledgeable in beer, wine, and spirits and be able to analyze company beverage sales whilst adapting to changes. The Wine Director will establish a solid rapport with guests, vendors, management and corporate office to assist with project management, promoting new ideas, and overall, be an ambassador for Patina Restaurant Group’s beverage program.
Patina offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional, while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments with a healthy work life balance.
· Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of restaurants to include supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control, internal and external guests’ relations, daily opening and closing duties.
· Provide the leadership and direction of guest service standards related to wine service. Interact with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining and wine experience.
· Support the Director of Food and Beverage in the development and implementation of the vision for the wine program consistent with company standards as it fits with restaurant concepts.
· Retain complete knowledge of: all brands, particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
· Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
· Review POS pricing and maintenance issues, sales and beverage cost, utilizing F&B Reporting tools to maximize sales, drive profit, and control costs
· Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability of wine and beverages.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion.
· Must have 5 years’ experience in a managerial beverage position or related in a full service, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with a similar capacity and clientele.
· Degree or higher in Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or other applicable specialization preferred.
· Sommelier certificate with advanced level achieved preferred.
· Bartending license highly preferred.
· Servsafe certification required.
· Food Safety Handler certification required.
· Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
· Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel); and ability to learn required business systems (POS).
· Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
· Extensive craft cocktail and spirit knowledge and passion necessary.
· Must have excellent leadership, organizational, communication, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to maintain poised and approachable during high-pressure circumstances.
· Competitive compensation package
· Major medical insurance options
· Paid vacation
· Matching 401K program
· Company Dining program
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the
Patina Restaurant Group EOE.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.