PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
seeks Sommelier for Enzo's Hideaway
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group will bring world-class cuisine to the Disney Springs outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at the Walt Disney Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida near Orlando. Four new concepts that will be connected as part of one large complex and will be introduced to Disney Springs this past December. Each of the concepts is housed in key locations that play an integral role in the Disney Springs origin story, such as the former airline terminal, an underground rum running tunnel, and the former electrical power plant, providing rich territory for story-telling. The locations will treasure Italian authenticity create unique cultural immersion experiences through fine cuisine, beverages, and atmosphere. Patina is looking for experienced and dedicated leaders to join our team and lead this brand new adventure.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking for a talented beverage professional to take on the position of Sommelier and oversee all wine and liquor management for their venue’s concept. He/she will be responsible for driving our wine and beverage inventory by developing cost efficient menus and keeping current on all modern trends. Ideal candidates should be great leaders that run their team effectively, being able to educate all beverage staff member about our products and how to serve them. He/she must be highly knowledgeable in beer, wine, and spirits and be able to analyze company beverage sales whilst adapting to changes. The Sommelier will establish a solid rapport with employees, vendors, management and corporate developers to pioneer Patina Restaurant Group’s beverage program amongst restaurants and catering events.
With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunities to build and grow as a hospitality professional with a healthy work life balance in Patina Restaurant Group’s friendly and enjoyable work environment.
· Responsible for counseling and educating all beverage employees about our products and procedures.
· Ensure that employees adhere to company established quality, sanitary, and safety procedures.
· Track and analyze wine and spirit revenue trends, and regularly collaborate with the marketing department to develop strategies marketing initiatives to promote the beverage program.
· Spearhead all beverage related projects to generate sales revenue growth, controlling costs, protecting and increasing profitability, service standards and quality levels for the beverage department.
· Strategically develop and facilitate the signature cocktails and wine program for the restaurant.
· Develop wine and beverage menus for all responsible restaurants and events.
· Advise management on new wine buying by the bottle and glass.
· Attends all wine tasting dinners as the lead connoisseur.
· Conduct weekly and monthly liquor and wine inventory and purchase all liquor, wine, water, cigars, etc.
· Complete special projects as requested by Food and Beverage management.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion.
· Must have 5 years’ experience in a managerial beverage position or related in a full service, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with a similar capacity and clientele.
· Degree or higher in Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or other applicable specialization preferred.
· Sommelier certificate required with advanced level achieved or equivalent experience.
· Servsafe certification required.
· Food Safety Handler certification required.
· Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
· Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
· Possess strong communication skills to engage, educate and uphold utmost hospitality towards customers, fellow employees and leadership.
· Ability to work irregular hours and under high-volume conditions.
· Competitive compensation package
· Major medical insurance options
· Paid vacation
· Matching 401K program
· Company Dining program
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the
Patina Restaurant Group EOE. We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.